The eligible nominee must:
- be a certified journeyperson, actively mentoring apprentices on-the-job;
- be nominated by two (2) references - at least one (1) nominator must have (or have had) a working relationship with the nominee, and no more than one (1) nominator may be a relative of the nominee;
- completion of Mentorship Matters Mentor Training is preferred but not mandatory
The nominee will have distinguished him- or herself during his/her career through one or more of the following:
- promotes and participates in apprenticeship training to prepare the next generation of skilled workers
- offers support to apprentices as they strive for success by passing on his or her trade knowledge to his or her apprentices
- participates in activities that encourage, motivate, and promote dedication and passion in a skilled trade
- demonstrated qualities of outstanding leadership in safety, skill expertise, team building and collaboration
- serves as a role model for success for young skilled tradespersons
Nomination Deadline: September 12th, 2023
2022 Master Mentor Award - presented to Jerome Dick on behalf of Marcel Losier, Boilermaker, Babcock & Wilcox, with Tara Keir of MAPSWS.
The Master Mentor nominee will have made an outstanding contribution to the development and promotion of apprenticeship training for the skilled trades in New Brunswick.