The eligible nominee must:
- be a certified journeyperson, actively mentoring apprentices on-the-job;
- be nominated by two (2) references - at least one (1) nominator must have (or have had) a working relationship with the nominee, and no more than one (1) nominator may be a relative of the nominee;
- completion of NBMAP M.E.N.T.O.R. Approach and M.E.N.T.O.R. Recap training is preferred but not mandatory
The nominee will have distinguished him- or herself during his/her career through one or more of the following:
- promotes and participates in apprenticeship training to prepare the next generation of skilled workers
- offers support to apprentices as they strive for success by passing on his or her trade knowledge to his or her apprentices
- participates in activities that encourage, motivate, and promote dedication and passion in a skilled trade
- demonstrated qualities of outstanding leadership in safety, skill expertise, team building and collaboration
- serves as a role model for success for young skilled tradespersons
Nomination Deadline: September 4, 2020
2018 Master Mentor Marco Doiron and Jean-Marc Ringuette, New Brunswick Building Trades Unions President.
The Master Mentor nominee will have made an outstanding contribution to the development and promotion of apprenticeship training for the skilled trades in New Brunswick.