The eligible nominee must:
- Be employed in a position directly related to one or more of the skilled trades. Examples include but are not limited to: safety and human resource professionals, post-secondary instructors and advisors, employer, union, and association representatives;
- be nominated by two (2) references - at least one (1) nominator must have (or have had) a working relationship with the nominee, and no more than one (1) nominator may be a relative of the nominee;
- completion of NBMAP M.E.N.T.O.R. Approach and M.E.N.T.O.R. Recap training is preferred but not mandatory
The nominee will have distinguished him- or herself during his/ her career through one or more of the following:
- supports and promotes mentorship, safety, apprenticeship, and certification within the skilled trades
- participates in activities that encourages, motivates, and promotes dedication and passion within the workplace
- demonstrates qualities of outstanding leadership in safety, skill expertise, team building and collaboration
- offers support to journey people and apprentices by sharing his or her knowledge
- serves as a role model for success for young skilled tradespersons
Nomination Deadline: September 4, 2020
First official MAPSWS Mentor Advocate to be announced FALL 2020.
The mentor advocate supports and promotes mentorship, safety, apprenticeship, and certification within the skilled trades.