The eligible nominee must:
- be a registered apprentice with Apprenticeship and Occupational Certification (GNB);
- have completed Block 1 in their trade
- be nominated by two (2) references - at least one (1) nominator must have (or have had) a working relationship with the nominee, and no more than one (1) nominator may be a relative of the nominee
- completion of NBMAP Apprentice Responsibilities training is preferred but not mandatory
The nominee will have distinguished him- or herself during his/her apprenticeship through one or more of the following:
- Demonstrates the five A's of apprenticeship (Attitude, Aptitude, Ask questions, Attendance, Advocacy)
- Integrity within the industry
- Leadership in the workforce
- Excellence in their trade
- Practice workplace safety
Nomination Deadline: Nominations are now closed.
2018 Outstanding Apprentice Sheldon Patterson and David Simon, Construction and Turnaround Manager at Irving Oil.
The outstanding apprentice nominee will have stood out in their dedication to their apprenticeship, their trade, and their team. They will have demonstrated their commitment to their on-the-job learning and tradecraft development.