The eligible nominee must:
- be a registered apprentice with Apprenticeship and Occupational Certification (GNB);
- have completed Block 1 in their trade
- be nominated by two (2) references - at least one (1) nominator must have (or have had) a working relationship with the nominee, and no more than one (1) nominator may be a relative of the nominee
- completion of NB MAP Mentorship Matters Apprentice Workshop training is preferred but not mandatory
The nominee will have distinguished him- or herself during his/her apprenticeship through one or more of the following:
- Demonstrates the five A's of apprenticeship (Attitude, Aptitude, Ask questions, Attendance, Advocacy)
- Integrity within the industry
- Leadership in the workforce
- Excellence in their trade
- Practice workplace safety
Nomination Deadline: September 12th, 2023
2022 Outstanding Apprentice Winner Adam Noël, Boilermaker, Local 73, with Liz Sandwith, RSE of NB-MAP/MAPSWS.
The outstanding apprentice nominee will have stood out in their dedication to their apprenticeship, their trade, and their team. They will have demonstrated their commitment to their on-the-job learning and tradecraft development.