New Boots Scholarships
What is the purpose of this scholarship?
To support a female pursuing a non-traditional skilled trade postsecondary program at a New Brunswick College campus. There are 5 scholarships available each year.
Scholarship Value $1,000
A scholarship will be awarded each year to a female college student pursuing a non-traditional skilled trade. Payment will be subject to college campus withdrawal dates.
Application Deadline: September 15, 2023.
(Recipients will be contacted in late September / early October 2023)
- Applications must contain all required documents to be considered (application form, proof of postsecondary acceptance and brief essay)
- Each applicant will be evaluated on the quality of their essay.
- You are a resident of NB
- You have been accepted or waitlisted for an eligible program (*Please refer to eligible programs list).
- You have answered the following questions in your essay:
- What inspired you to pursue a non-traditional skilled trade?
- How will this scholarship help ensure your success in your program?
- How do you envision your career path?
Metal Processing Skilled Trades
- CNC Machining
- Steel Fabrication
- Metal Fabrication
Mobile Equipment Repair Skilled Trades
- Agricultural Equipment Repair
- Auto Body and Collision Technician
- Automotive Service Technician
- Heavy Equipment Service Technician
- Heavy Equipment Operator
- Marine Diesel Mechanics
- Motorcycle Repair
- Truck and Transport Service Technician
Building and Construction Skilled Trades
- Electrical: Construction
- Electrical: Industrial
- Fuels Technician
- HVAC: Sheet Metal Fabrication
- Industrial Mechanics
- Mechanical Technician
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Technician